John Whelan – International Trade consultant, Former CEO, Irish Exporters Association, Chairman
- John Whelan – International Trade consultant, Former CEO, Irish Exporters Association, Chairman's presentations
John is an independent consultant specialising in international trade. He was appointed export industry adviser to the AIB group in January 2014.
He is the former chief executive of the Irish Exporters Association and chairman of the Institute of International Trade.
He is chairman of the EU funded Access 6 project to assist the development of small food and drink businesses on international markets with support from Scottish Enterprise , Invest Ni and Bord Bia
On a day to day basis he has been advising Irish exporters large and small on their international trade financing, their export strategy, the associated new product development, sales and marketing and taken client companies on many trade missions across the globe.
He is well known for his many published papers on international trade matters, both nationally and internationally. He has regularly presented on TV and radio on a range of international trade issues. He has been a guest lecturer at a number of international forums across Europe and Asia , including the UN International Trade Centre in Geneva and the World Customs Organisation in Brussels .He is author, co-author and editor of a number of books including ;
- Working with Channel Partners—a guide to international sales channel management
- Intellectual Property Management – A Guide for Exporters
- Irish Exporters Essential Handbook
- Transport and Trade publication.
- Export Ireland Survey and International Finance Review
- North Atlantic Trade and Transport Study
- Selling Services Internationally – a guide to services exporting.
- Export Credit Insurance – a means to better exporting